Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Camping for a Cause

Please help support me as I camp to raise money for Girl Scouts of Virginia to make a difference in the lives of young girls.


The Camping for a Cause event will be held Oct. 19-20 at the Girl Scout camp in Richmond, Va. Along with three of my friends, I will spend the night at the camp -- yes, we will be roughing it in a stilt tent. We will listen to different speakers talk about ways to better ourselves, play games, eat, etc. Just like Girl Scout camp....except there might be some wine involved too!

I was once a Girl Scout and I'm sure many of you were as well or know someone who was (or at the very least, you eat the cookies!).

The money raised will help provide membership dues for at-risk girls wishing to participate in Girl Scouts in Virginia.



  • $10 provides membership registration for one girl
  • $25 provides membership registration as well as one Girl Scout activity for one girl
  • $50 provides registration for five girls

My goal is to raise $250 by Sept. 30. Please help me reach this goal!

Unfortunately, the web link to donate is not working. Please contact me and I can let you know how you can make your contribution by check or credit card.

Check back on our site as I'll continue to update the progress I make on raising money (graph on right side of page). I'll be sure to follow up with details and photos after the event as well as the final total of how much money I raised.

Thanks for your support!!


Shhhh!! I'll let you in on a little secret....we get some pampering (all donated) the day after!

You can read more about the event on the Girl Scout website.

**Checks need to be made out to GSCC. Put "Camping for a Cause" in the memo. I'm going to just collect all the money and turn it in at one time, so mail it to me.

No comments: