Thursday, December 18, 2008

A lot of catching up to do....


Wow, time sure gets away from you! I just noticed we have not posted anything or shared photos in quite some time. Not to make excuses, but things have been busy. Gage and I are both coaching middle school basketball for different teams at St. Catherine's School, where I work. That takes up a fair amount of time as we are usually engaged in team activities three to four times during the week and also on Saturday. Whew. But we are both enjoying it. My team has played just one game and scrimmage while Gage's team has played three games and has one tonight. Ema even sat on the bench last week with me as we had a babysitter misunderstanding (and Gage had practice). She was even in the team huddles. We did score 12 points with her on the bench and didn't score at all when she was behind the bench playing with her dolls. Maybe we need her on the team!

We enjoyed Thanksgiving in New Jersey with Gage's Dad and Mary. It was wonderful to visit with them and spend so much time with them. Ema really enjoyed creating picnics with Grandpa -- which also meant spreading out all the princess toys she brought with her. We went into Philadelphia and enjoyed the Christmas displays at Macy's. It was beautiful. We also enjoyed some eating at Reading Terminal. The weekend ended with a trip to the Redskins-Giants game with the Cliffords and Ernest (Meesh opted to stay home with the kids as she wasn't feeling well). It was a lovely day with 40-degree temperatures and RAIN. We were actually hoping it would get colder so it would just snow. No luck. But, we had a pair of seats with limited view and four seats in the 14th row. The limited view seats proved to be gold as they were covered! Gage and I sat there the first half and then Kat and I sat up there the second half. We were called the "Pink Ladies" by those around us as we were both wearing our pink jackets. Thanksgiving Day marked the fourth anniversary for Gage and I. Wow. My sister, Kacee, got engaged the next day and will be married in February. Gage and I are really blessed to have each other and such wonderful lives.


Ema is really looking forward to Santa's visit. She helped put up the tree and decorate cookies. There was so much icing on the cookies I couldn't even find the actual cookie to pick it up. But she really enjoyed it. She wrote her letter to Santa and did her Christmas shopping too.
We head to Indiana tomorrow and we are getting excited. It will be the first time meeting Jenna and we are all looking forward to that. Ema keeps wanting to buy things for "Miss Jenna" as she calls her. I know she will have a great time playing with her cousins, Lizzy and Skylar. Hope they are ready for the energy that is Ema.....girl does not like to sleep!
We are gearing up and packing up for the COLD weather we are going to face there! I just saw that it is going to be a high of 17 and a low of 6 on Monday. BRRR!!! But, there's a great chance of snow and a white Christmas! Mind you, it was 75 here on Monday and is almost 50 today. We are going to be cold.

Lots of photos of you all to enjoy:
Gage's work conference at the Homestead Resort
Disney On Ice
Thanksgiving and Redskins
Ronin's Birthday
Tacky Light Tour

1 comment:

Dennis Harter said...

Have a great trip! Merry Christmas to EVERYONE! We are thinking of you over here in sunny and warm Bangkok.

Love,

Dennis, Kylie, Milla, Kai, and Lana