Friday, September 25, 2009

No Slowing Down

Fall has arrived and our weekends and weekdays have filled up. Seems we have a lot going on during the weekends and when we don't, we are getting ready for Lillian's arrival. Still a lot to do on that front, although I have to remind myself that we were nowhere near ready for Ema. We got the keys to the house on Friday, moved things in on Saturday, started unpacking Sunday, I went into labor late Sunday/early Monday and had Ema Monday afternoon. Whew. We didn't even have the carseat out of the box! Needless to say, we will be much more prepared for Lillian! Only three more months till she arrives and I know we are all getting excited. Ema talks about Lillian a lot and gets upset if I call her the baby and not by her name. I've been corrected many times, "Mommy, her name is Lillian." My belly is growing quickly and I hear several remarks around school. I have a posse of eighth graders that love touching the belly and are dying to feel her move. It's a bit of an obsession with them. I had one of the funniest comments today from one of our housekeepers. As she was empyting my trash, she told me she was worried about my eating and that I was going to be the size of a house. Then she realized I was pregnant and was relieved. Yes, I snack often. But my appetite at actual meals is not as big. Lillian must sit against my stomach a lot! I told my co-workers I am going to start throwing trash in their offices!

Ema had a great time visiting with Grandma, Papa and Uncle Fred earlier this month and looks forward to their return for her birthday in two weeks. She entertained Uncle Fred and made him play games with her when he arrived Thursday night. We explored Hollywood Cemetery while they were here and it is quite the site to see! Wow. Outside of Arlington National Cemetery, I never expected to be awed by a cemetery, but Hollywood does that. And, it offers spectacular views of Richmond and the James River.

Enjoy our photos.

No comments: