One year Ago...Oct. 10, 2005
Oct. 10, 2006Time Flies!
One year ago today at this time, I was waiting patiently for my epideral. Can we say pain? My dear husband was snoozing as I endured the worst of my labor pain. Thanks, Gage!
In his defense, it was a crazy weekend. We got the keys to our new house on Friday, Oct. 7. Gage even carried my huge pregnant body over the threshold. We moved most of the weekend. And then on Sunday night around 11 p.m, I started having contractions. We ended up at the hospital at 4 a.m. Monday morning. After two hours of pushing, Emalene Sophia Ai was born at 4:16 p.m. She was 7 lbs. 1 ounce and 19 1/2 inches. Ironically, I was 7 lbs (no ounces) and 19 1/2 inches when I was born!
Now, one year later, Ema is changing daily. There's no doubt that she has a personality. It emerges more and more with each passing day. She is a very happy baby who loves to be with her parents. She crawls like a maniac...the kid is fast. She can pull up to standing, but why try to walk when you can crawl so quickly? We love her more and more with each passing day.
It's truly amazing how quickly time passes by. I still remember every detail of the weekend before she was born and the day she was born...just like it was yesterday. And that's saying a lot, because I might be hard-pressed to tell you what I actually did yesterday!
So join me in celebrating the first year of my daughter's life! Happy Birthday Ema!!
--Jen
No comments:
Post a Comment