I’m sitting in the airport in Dubai, which is an interesting experience. Honestly, if you didn’t know nay better, you would think you were sitting in a shopping mall. It’s amazing. The foodcourt even boasts a McDonald’s, DQ, a pizza place and Thai. Too bad everything is in Arabic so I couldn’t order even if I really wanted too! I did see the Happy Meal toys are Hello Kitty and Pokemon. Amazingly, my cellphone got a signal and I could call Gage. I also found the Diet Coke (Coca-Cola Light) and bought and extra to take to Sri Lanka with me. 
All I can really say is thank goodness for duty free perfume! Since I have now been traveling almost 24 hours, I needed a scent pick-me-up. And since Gage has said he wants to always give me perfume for Mother’s Day, this stop served several purposes. I found that new scent, Burberry’s Brits, and smelled better because of it! Also, it helped me to kill some time!
My flights up till this point have been uneventful. I did manage to get a lot of sleep on the 12-hour flight between JFK and Dubai. I probably slept on and off for seven hours. It helped that the middle seat was unoccupied so I could still some extra room. I did watch two movies – No Reservations and Hairspray. And, I emailed Gage and my mom (to wish her a happy birthday) from the plane. One more leg to go!
All I can really say is thank goodness for duty free perfume! Since I have now been traveling almost 24 hours, I needed a scent pick-me-up. And since Gage has said he wants to always give me perfume for Mother’s Day, this stop served several purposes. I found that new scent, Burberry’s Brits, and smelled better because of it! Also, it helped me to kill some time!
My flights up till this point have been uneventful. I did manage to get a lot of sleep on the 12-hour flight between JFK and Dubai. I probably slept on and off for seven hours. It helped that the middle seat was unoccupied so I could still some extra room. I did watch two movies – No Reservations and Hairspray. And, I emailed Gage and my mom (to wish her a happy birthday) from the plane. One more leg to go!
No comments:
Post a Comment