Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Shop till you drop...and some beachtime too!

There's no denying it....Ema is a shopper!! My parents visited from Indiana over the weekend. While the boys went to the Nascar race in Richmond, the girls did some major marathon shopping. Ema was definitely the MVP of that effort. We did some shopping in the morning, drove to Williamsburg and did the outlet mall for almost six hours!! Not one meltdown from Ema. She was so incredibly good. And, we didn't even eat dinner until almost 9 p.m. and she was fine. Let's just say Ema is one adaptable kid! We returned home around 10:30 that night and about 30 minutes later Ema was asking her Grandma if she wanted to go shopping some more! The shopping was incredibly successful -- 13 total pairs of shoes purchased (Mom led that effort with five of her own), TWO Coach purses (!!) and endless amounts of clothing. It was a fun, yet tiring day. I have finally recovered and it's Wednesday! I must be aging! There were amazing deals, but you would never guess there is an economic slump going on right now. People were getting their shop on!! Maybe outlet malls will continue to do well since people can't afford the regular prices?

We visited Virginia Beach the next day and it was just gorgeous. We did learn one important lesson that day -- if you are going to ride the bikes, start out by pedaling SLOW. I believe we were pedaling way too quickly. Whew. It was some work. We had one full hour on the bike and we were ready to turn it in after 30 minutes! Mom and Dad passed on the ride...I think they knew something we didn't know!
The weekend started with a celebration of my final day at CCF. I will miss my colleagues there and the good work they are doing to make this world a better place. AND I will miss the travel! But this is definitely the right choice for me and my family. Already, they are throwing a lot of work at me, which is exciting and fun!
Enjoy photos from the weekend!

No comments: