Monday, March 12, 2007

Monday in Vietnam

We got to go to our office in Hanoi this morning, which was interesting. Even more interesting is the fact they have four people either on maternity leave or pregnant. A lot of that has to do with the fact that this is a year of the pig, which is a lucky year to be born in.

We visited several pagodas in the afternoon. I also had my first taste, actually make that second taste, of Vietnamese ice cream. Mango. Yum!

For dinner we went to a Vietnamese buffet. Gage's dream come true! It was very interesting. Lots of fun, interesting food! We started off with a Vietnamese rice wine.

Other than that, today was rather uneventful. I did get my broken TV fixed. When the guy left the room after fixing it, he turned it to Friends for me.

Everyone is still pretty tired as jet lag continues to take it's toll. But I am feeling much better. Nine hours of sleep last night didn't hurt!

Tomorrow we head southeast of Hanoi to the projects. We will visit two different schools. I think we are going by cars there. Should be very interesting!

More tomorrow....

No comments: