
I am back from my trip! I must say it was an amazing, almost indescribable trip. I really enjoyed every minute of it and learned not only a lot about our organization, but about Mexico in general. I kept a short journal of sorts and will post most of it here in the coming days. Right now I am trying to get back on a schedule of sorts. Despite coming back exhausted, I haven't slept well.
I returned Saturday around 9 p.m. We were expected to arrive at 2:15, but as we sat on the plane in Morelia, the fog rolled in out of nowhere. It was down to less than 1/4 mile visibility. The pilot needed one mile visibility. We were delayed an hour. We were scheduled to have just one hour, 15 minutes between flights. So after clearing customs and getting our bags to recheck them, we missed the flight. The next one didn't leave until 5:15 p.m. It was 10:45 a.m. So we settled into the Houston airport, enjoyed some Shiner beer and American food (Burger and fries, anyone??). Finally, I returned to Richmond at 9:15 p.m. to find Gage and Ema waiting for me with a box of chocolates and a DVD. It was so great to see them! In fact, although I only had three hours of sleep the night before, I couldn't sleep on the plane to Richmond because I was so excited to see them!
Clearing up a few things on Gage's posts....the wrestler who traveled with us is named Mick Foley...he was close! And, although we had problems exchanging money (at least thinking it through), we never walked away after paying too little....made a good story though! AND.....I never packed 50 pounds into my suitcases. I was amazingly way under the weight....30 pounds in one bag and 45 in another on the way home. My colleage, Ellie, was WAY over though and I took on some of her luggage on our return. And although many sponsors took on new sponsored children after we met some of the kids, I wasn't too persuaded that way. I was missing my own baby way too much! But, overall Gage did a great job writing about my trip and I hoped every one enjoyed it!
In the coming days, I will start to post a day by day detailed account of the trip.
No comments:
Post a Comment