
For those of you who might be interested....
Here's a closer look at my trip to Mexico (subject to change, of course):
Saturday Nov. 11 -- Depart Richmond, Va. for Houston. Leave Houston for Morelia, Mexico and arrive around 8:30 p.m. (I believe it's one hour behind Virginia, maybe two). We then bus for one hour to Patzcuaro where we will stay at the Hotel Parroquia.
Sunday Nov. 12 -- Following some presentations from our Mexico Staff, we will take a short boat ride on Lake Zirahuen. We will also travel to Santa Clara del Cobre and visit the workshop and showroom of an internationally known copper artist.
Monday Nov. 13 -- We will travel to a project area known as Santa Fe de la Languna where we will see the project's center and possibly visit the homes of some of the needy children in the area. After lunch at the project (that should be interesting) we will travel to the historic archeological site of Tzintzuntzan. We will also visit another market area.
Tuesday Nov. 14 -- We will tavel about two hours on a bus to visit a project called Zicuicho. After visiting the project, we will travel to Paricutin, the location of Mexico's most famous volcano! It was very active from 1943-1952. We then have some free time in Patzcuaro, where our hotel is located.
Wednesday Nov. 15 -- We will travel to a town called Ocumicho to visit another project. We then head to Paracho, a town known for the guitars, violins, and mandolins handcrafted by local artists.
Thursday Nov. 16 -- We will engage in activities at the Rancho La Mesa Restaurant. And later have time to further explore Patzcuaro.
Friday Nov. 17 -- For our final day in Mexico, we will visit Morelia the capital city of Michoacan. We will stay at the Hotel Virrey de Mendoza for our final night.
Saturday Nov. 18 -- Adios Mexico! We depart Morelia on a 7 a.m. flight. I am scheduled to return to Richmond at 2:45 p.m.
A General Map of Mexico.
Map of Mexican State of Michoacan.
A Look at the Weather.
I'm hoping to be able to post on the blog while I am traveling, but not sure if that will happen or not. When I return, I will definitely post here as well as on our website. I think I am ready to go. I'm slowly working on packing. I got all my vaccinations, which included an updated tetnus shot (and they had a whooping cough booster with it) and Hepititus A. Also, I have anti-malaria pills and Cipro (if the dreaded intestinal issues plague me). I also got my flu shot...more for the travel portion of it all then in Mexico. Ironically, I had many of the same shots Ema got at her 1-year checkup! Of all of them, the flu shot hurt (and continues to hurt) the most!
Gage and Ema will be on their own while I am gone! Poor Gage will celebrate his birthday without me....so think of him on Nov. 12.
--Jen
1 comment:
Have a great trip! Sounds fun and exciting.
Gage will work hard but enjoy the full time duties with Ema.
Have fun and be safe!
Post a Comment